Let Us Help You—Expert Restorative Dental Care in Tacoma, WA!
Restorative dentistry is defined as the restoration of natural teeth that have been damaged or lost. At Northwest Dental Services, we are trained in restorative dentistry to examine and evaluate your teeth, and analyze your dental history. After a comprehensive exam, or team will provide treatment options to best serve each patients specific needs.
Based on our evaluation, we may recommend one of several restorative dentistry options:
A crown is constructed to restore a damaged tooth back to its original form and function. A crown completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implant. Crowns do the following:
- Improve the strength of teeth
- Prevent against further decay or erosion
- Improve the appearance of teeth by hiding badly chipped teeth or unsightly looking front teeth
- Can make it possible to keep a tooth, even one that is severely damaged
If you are self-conscious about your smile, you will be pleasantly surprised by the results of a dental crown.
A dental bridge is a false tooth or teeth, which is fused between two porcelain crowns to fill in the area left by a missing tooth or teeth. There are several types of bridges available, but there are two common types. Fixed bridges, where two crowns surrounded a false tooth. Fixed bridges cannot be taken out of your mouth as you might do with removable partial dentures. Cantilever bridges, where there are teeth on only one side of the open space.
Bridges require a commitment to serious oral hygiene, but will last as many as 10 years or more. They also bring a variety of benefits:
- Reduce your risk of gum disease
- Help correct some bit issues
- Improve speech
- Restore your smile
- Restore your ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
At Northwest Dental Services, we only require two visits to our office to prepare and then cement a bridge onto your teeth.
A root canal is a procedure done to save the damaged or dead pulp in the root canal of the tooth by cleaning out the diseased pulp and reshaping the canal. There are several reasons why root canal procedures are necessary:
- Deep cavities or fractures that allow bacteria to seep in
- Injury or trauma to a tooth
- Damaged or dead pulp
These factors typically make biting or chewing painful. They also increase sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks. It will also help you restore your original teeth.
At Northwest Dental Services, we offer composite fillings, also known as white fillings, for our patients. Composite fillings are aesthetic fillings made of tooth-colored materials, and are much less noticeable, and much more attractive, than other types of fillings.
Composite fillings can be used for bonding to improve your smile by:
- Changing the color, shape, and size of a tooth
- Fixing a broken tooth nearly invisibly
- Closing spaces between the front teeth
With composite fillings, you can smile, talk, and eat with confidence. At Northwest Dental Services, we can fill and seal your tooth at the same time to prevent further decay.